[lbo-talk] planet TARP

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Wed Oct 1 21:08:47 PDT 2008

11 SEC. 112. COORDINATION WITH FOREIGN AUTHORITIES 12 AND CENTRAL BANKS. 13 The Secretary shall coordinate, as appropriate, with 14 foreign financial authorities and central banks to work to15 ward the establishment of similar programs by such au16 thorities and central banks. To the extent that such for17 eign financial authorities or banks hold troubled assets as 18 a result of extending financing to financial institutions 19 that have failed or defaulted on such financing, such trou20 bled assets qualify for purchase under section 101.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/01/news/pdf/index.htm

/"Give me your mortgage backed securities, your collateralized debt obligations and credit default swaps,' / /Your toxic balance sheets yearning to accumulate risk free, / /The wretched financial refuse of your teeming shore. / /Send these, the homeless capital flows, tempest-tossed to me, / /I lift my lamp beside the Treasury door!" /