[lbo-talk] what they teach when they teach economics

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 2 00:48:43 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 5:09 AM, Shane Taylor <shane.taylor at verizon.net> wrote:
> What We Learn When We Learn Economics
> by Chris Hayes
> http://www.chrishayes.org/articles/what-we-learn-when-we-learn-economics/

That's very entertaining! (I just read the first couple sections.)

I think that a good way of presenting a subject like indoctrination is starting out with a concrete essay like this, and moving onto abstractions. Then you have a reference point when mulling over the abstractions.

That said, I don't know how honest this essay is. Did it really happen that this prof claimed that rich students "have a lot of money" because they're people "who work hard"? I'm sure this doctrinal manager must've been challenged by students, no matter how vindictive he might've acted.

Tayssir