[lbo-talk] Local, Austin anti-bailout protesters...

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 20:10:17 PDT 2008

Whoah, Ron Paul pops up (in some capacity) way back in Linklater's _Slacker_...? I'm going to have to re-watch that.

But, yes, Paul has been here awhile. Like McCain, he is someone who wants markets, markets, markets, but who has himself worked for the govt. and received govt. health care almost his entire adult life. (Got his start as USAF flight surgeon, thus socialized medicine health care, private practice for awhile in which he refused Medicare/Medicaid patients [or agreed to see them at reduced fees, or so his Wikipedia entry claims...uh-huh], then into Congress and thus beneficiary of their health plan.

-B.

Mike Beggs wrote:

"I watched Richard Linklater's Slacker again recently (Austin, 1991? or thereabouts) and couldn't help but notice a big Ron Paul poster in the background of one scene. So he's been around down there a while?"