[lbo-talk] House rejects bailout

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Fri Oct 3 08:58:12 PDT 2008

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 08:01:30 -0700 (PDT), Wojtek Sokolowski <swsokolowski at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [WS:]  Well, if it is so, would you mind sending me a cashier's check
> for USD 8,000 that just vanished from my retirement account?  Or make
it
> even $10k - after all it just a number in a database with no real impact
on
> you, but it will help me buying some nutrition etc. that I really need.

I see, unable to support your position, you proceed to talk crap.

Enjoy your bailout, then.

If, like many, many thousands of Americans, you have trouble obtaining housing and subsistence, you will have my concern and I would endorse actions that address your lack of housing and subsistence, along with those many thousands of others who currently face these issues, whether or not they possess retirement accounts.

Why I should endorse that public funds be used to artificially support holdings that happen to be in your retirement account, shouldn't the the target be poverty, whatever it's origins??

Further, do you think given the authority, the US Government will use the funds in a way to maximize benefit to holders of retirement accounts, or capitalist profits?

-- Dmytri Kleiner editing text files since 1981

http://www.telekommunisten.net