[lbo-talk] Totally irrelevant and completely inappropriate! Was Re: no anal required

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 5 16:18:46 PDT 2008

Just speaking personally:

Hillary as a sex object is personally difficult for me to get a grip on. It's not that she's unattractive, but IMHO sexy has never been her forte. I think quite deliberately as well as by character. I think it was in Clinton's mom's book there was a story that when he brought Hillary home, mom said, Bill, she's different from the others, and he said, Mom, I need someone I can talk to. Hillary is from that generation of women that had to avoid being sexy (while still looking good) as the price of professional success.

Palin doesn't do anything for me, but I never went for the cute perky overly cheerful type. I can see how them as finds that type appealing might see here as a sex object. For all the cuteness and perkiness, she's definitely not, er, soft and feminine. In term of hotness, Rice is another story. She can be quite hot in a domme-fetish sort of way.

As for men as sex objects, well, there's an asymmetry, duh. Women get treated more as sex object than men by a long chalk. If a woman politician were even as ordinary looking as Biden, her supposed lack of attractiveness would be the subject of much comment and probably would be a fatal disqualification. Even women of Hillary's generation had to look pretty good, though not sexy. It's different in other countries, when, e.g., no one would ever accuse Golda Meier or Margaret Thatcher of even looking good. France might be more like the US. Royale is pretty.

Considering the sex-objectification of major male politicians the only presidential candidate (male) that I can think of in recent years who might qualify in BHO himself, who is actually very attractive. It's part of his attempt, quite successful, to blend Kennedy and Reagan. (Reagan was once handsome but by 1980, that wasn't his persona.)

Brian? Other same sex guys, what do you think?

Gore wasn't bad looking but oozed a standoffish sort of rectitude, no sex appeal at all. Bill Clinton was apparently very attractive to women, at least to lots of women, but less, I think, because of his appearance than his personality/charm and position. I can see it but don't find it attractive. Going back Dan Quayle was a pretty boy with an empty head, smarter than he seemed, but basically not very bright, and Not My Type any more than, and for similar reasons as, Palin, although he is/was both nicer and more qualified. BHO is definitely cute, though, hot if you like 'em skinny and classy.

By, I'm with Doug on hoping to see Palin take on McCain with a strapon, even virtually in porn movie proxy. Or, failing McCain, a moose. Jesus, I'm such a low life. I shouldn't wish that on a moose, even a virtual moose. The Palin part, I mean.