[lbo-talk] House rejects bailout

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 6 11:04:29 PDT 2008

Dmytri Kleiner wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 11:43:53 -0600, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure why any of you would attempt to explain your position to
>> Dmytri.
>> His position is the one that needs full explanation.
>> There is a near consensus among people in the field that this or some
>> type of bailout is needed.
>>

> That you believe that the onus to endorse handing nearly a trillion dollars
> over to the private sectors rests with those against it, while supporting
> your argument with a set of tired and hackneyed fallacies is quite enough
> for me to conclude you have no idea why you support the bailout.

You are demonstrating an amazing inability to comprehend what you read. Assuming you actually read the post that you are ostensibly replying to. I wrote that the reasons for the package are well described and readily available to anyone who wishes to read them. Once you familiarize yourself with them, rather than lazily asking others to summarize them for you, the onus is on you to give a rational explanation as to why you believe them false. So far you have written nothing but twaddle about nutrition and shelter and have disparaged really existing retirement fund accounts. I'm beginning to suspect you have no idea what is actually going on in the US and are simply parroting lefter-than-thou platitudes. Why you are doing this is not known but perhaps Carrol can supply the list with a plausible motive?

John Thornton