[lbo-talk] Elves

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Tue Oct 7 06:05:05 PDT 2008

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 05:42:28 -0700 (PDT), Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Faith works the other way too, you know (the bailout can't work, because
> it's capitalist, so it can't).

However the argument is not that the bailout can't work because it's "capitalist," but rather that it can't work because it doesn't address the fundamental issues that have caused the crisis, and neither does the shell game of transferring white-elephant assets from the private sector to the public.

> Supernatural entities have a regional division of labor. Elves handle
> Iceland and Scandinavian countries more generally, with some
> responsibilities in the Germanc countries. North America's problems are
> handled by various American Indian nature spirits.

I pray for the mercy of great eagle then, however coyote is more my spirit guide.

The Treasure-digger

ALL my weary days I pass'd Sick at heart and poor in purse. Poverty's the greatest curse, Riches are the highest good! And to end my woes at last, Treasure-seeking forth I sped. "Thou shalt have my soul instead!" Thus I wrote, and with my blood. Ring round ring I forthwith drew, Wondrous flames collected there, Herbs and bones in order fair, Till the charm had work'd aright. Then, to learned precepts true, Dug to find some treasure old, In the place my art foretold Black and stormy was the night. Coming o'er the distant plain, With the glimmer of a star, Soon I saw a light afar, As the hour of midnight knell'd. Preparation was in vain. Sudden all was lighted up With the lustre of a cup That a beauteous boy upheld. Sweetly seem'd his eves to laugh Neath his flow'ry chaplet's load; With the drink that brightly glow'd, He the circle enter'd in. And he kindly bade me quaff: Then methought "This child can ne'er, With his gift so bright and fair, To the arch-fiend be akin." "Pure life's courage drink!" cried he: "This advice to prize then learn,-- Never to this place return Trusting in thy spells absurd; Dig no longer fruitlessly. Guests by night, and toil by day! Weeks laborious, feast-days gay! Be thy future magic-word!

- Johann Wolfgang Goethe, 1797

-- Dmytri Kleiner editing text files since 1981

http://www.telekommunisten.net