[lbo-talk] [Marxism-Thaxis] Obama falters McCain the winner

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 11:48:14 PDT 2008

Fat chance. Ukrainians favor a closer union with Russia over NATO (even EU) membership by a factor of 3 to 1. The only "pro-Western" segment of Ukrainian society is in the rural western third of the country, which not by coincidence is not historically part of Ukraine or Ukrainian culture, but rather a heavily Polish region grafted on by Stalin.

I think it's mostly bluster, actually. It's not like either Obama or McCain could say anything else.