[lbo-talk] [Marxism-Thaxis] Obama falters McCain the winner

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 15:18:13 PDT 2008

Hope you are right. You assume, of course, that what ordinary Ukrainians think actually counts, that Ukraine is a more democratic society than the US, in fact. That's hard to believe. What do Ukrainian _elites_ think, I'd like to know. Probably, being sensible ex-apparatchiki or New Men, they don't want to bait the Bear either. I wouldn't, if I were them.

To have our candidates advocate admitting the ex-Republics into NATO is still a stupid and dangerous thing, and it's not like it's something they have to say like, We Love Israel Better Than Anyplace Except Here, The Greatest Country On Earth, The Land Of Opportunity, etc. Most Americans don't know where Ukraine is, what NATO is, and they probably think that Russia is still Communist. Am I right, Doug? So this bluster is unnecessary as well as dumb.