[lbo-talk] presidential

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Oct 8 17:05:15 PDT 2008

At 07:46 PM 10/8/2008, Bill Bartlett wrote:
>Yeah, good article. To be fair, the article didn't say the incident on the
>carrier was caused by his recklessness. It did mention that he ran away
>and watched from safety as many crew members died fighting the fire. The
>basic character of the man, as illustrated by this and many other
>examples, was deduced to be extreme selfishness and disregard for others.
>The impulsiveness arises from that really.
>
>Bill Bartlett
>Bracknell tas

yeah. my bad. after reading about one screwed up flight after another, i imposed that reading on that passage, particularly since, as you note, he didn't bother to try to help his mates *and* he seemed certain that the crash would spell the end of his career.

whoever said too bad this is news now... yeah. though I'm sure plenty of people have covered it, yes? it's just that it never made it to mainstream pubs? does anyone know if this history has been widely known? I mean, with Rove as his arch-enemy at one point, you'd think all of this would have been dredged up at some point.

by the way, what does "Mac Churian" mean in reference to the guy. I get the movie ref, but what does it have to do with anything about McCain other than a way to mock his name?