[lbo-talk] C-Span

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Oct 8 21:17:33 PDT 2008

Guilty-as-charged: channel surfing in a hotel is the worst. But I just watched a pretty good panel put together by the Committee for a Responsible Budget at the National Press Club today.

Maya MacGuineas was the moderator. Dean Baker, Martin Baily (former Clinton CEA Chairman), Mark Zandi Chief Economist from from Moody's economy.com, Rob Dugger Managing Director at Tudor (hedge fund), Tim Adams, Former Treasury Undersecretary for International Affairs under Bush ... very interesting set of opinions.

One of the questions that came from the audience was: why not just form a US "Soverign Wealth Fund" ... :-)

One of them gave a pointer to this article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/08/business/economy/08leonhardt.html

It's available to watch on the web:

rtsp://video1.c-span.org/project/economy/econ100808_budget.rm

/jordan