[lbo-talk] Bearzilla Charts Multipolar World

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Wed Oct 8 21:52:42 PDT 2008

A key excerpt from Medvedev's latest speech:

"Russia will actively encourage this recovery process in the international financial system, and not only in the G8. It is clear now that acting through the G8 alone is not enough, and I am pleased to see that many of our American colleagues are starting to say this too. What I mean is that we need to get other key world economies engaged in this process too: China, India, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, and maybe others too. At any rate, Europe must not become the weak and vulnerable link here. Globalization must be accompanied by an increased role of states as guarantors of successful national development. Collective global management structures, meanwhile, will act as arbiters ensuring the compatibility of the different economic strategies."

http://www.kremlin.ru/eng/text/speeches/2008/10/08/2159_type82912type82914_207457.shtml

This is world-historical stuff, folks. It's not just that the developmental states of the semi-periphery are aligning with the new metropoles (EU and East Asia) against the US Empire. It's that the semi-peripheries (comprising sixty percent of the planet) are beginning to network with each other.

-- DRR