[lbo-talk] Staunch the rhetorical bleeding

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Oct 9 13:33:28 PDT 2008

"C. G. Estabrook" wrote:

>> The point is that the money's out there somewhere. We need to give a good
> (non-metaphorical) account of why it's not being "loaned." --CGE

All the accounts of the 'Crisis' I have seen are pervasively empiricist -- i.e. attempt to force the facts (which are infinite, so it is always a randome selection of 'facts' in question) to explain themselves. No one focuses on relations, and only a focus on relations can offer an explanation of anything in the social world.

Carrol