[lbo-talk] Chomsky interview

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:18:47 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 12:45 AM, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Saying the Repubs. are more honest about this is incorrect however since
> McCain does not explicitly state the election is not about issues. I doubt
> many Repubs. are stating that this election is explicitly not about issues
> either.

Dunno about McCain himself, but the "chief executive officer of the John McCain 2008 presidential campaign" claimed:

"This election is not about issues. This election is about a

composite view of what people take away from these candidates."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2008/09/mccain_manager_this_election_i.html

Looking at the video, he is a bit contradictory, but basically honest. He pointed out that the Iraq war is of strategic importance to the US and its economy, and that devoting "lives and treasure" to that end is worth the risk.

I like how he used that phrase "lives and treasure." Sounds so feudal or something.

Tayssir