[lbo-talk] David Brooks, so worried

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Sun Oct 12 14:54:01 PDT 2008

On Sun, October 12, 2008 11:06 am, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> Even if other structural factors are more important, even if random or
> individual factors predominate, the result is the same: the left is as
> bankrupt or more so in terms of ideas as the right, and our
> "institutions" don't exist.

Sure they do. The Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Vietnamese, Venezuelan and EU developmental states are going into overdrive, and are preparing to basically bail out the world-system. Even here in the US, we still have Social Security and Medicare, the digital commons, and the videogame culture. The battle is neither hopeless nor over, the battle has just begun.

-- DRR