[lbo-talk] whole foods: was At one with my inner herbivore

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 14 21:27:09 PDT 2008

Dennis Claxton wrote:
> At 06:31 PM 10/14/2008, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>
>> This guy's cred is that he lives in California and shops at TJ's?
>>
>> Gag me!
>>
>> /jordan
>

> Agreed. But doesn't the expansion of the organic market into mainline
> stores come from the idea that organic milk is "superior", whether it
> really is or not? You can get organic milk at my local Korean market
> now. On the other hand there's a ton of stuff in that store laced
> with msg, something I stay away from ever since I lived in San
> Francisco and kept hearing msg was the root of all food evil.

Yes, the people who buy organic food generally believe it is superior nutritionally, environmentally, and better tasting. That's not to say everyone who shops at Whole Foods believes every item at Whole Foods is better than every like item at Safeway however.

It may not be the root of all food evil but msg was certainly the root of more of my migraines than I care to recall. My SO however has no adverse reaction to it as most people don't.

John Thornton