[lbo-talk] Voter fraud?

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 23 18:26:32 PDT 2008

joseph noonan wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, John Thornton wrote:
>

>> I think it's going to be a rout for McCain.
>> Obama vs. McCain will look like Reagan vs. Carter.
>> I really hope I don't have to eat those words in a few weeks time.
>>
>> One more reason to doubt Palin is a logical choice for the next round.
>> She will be associated with a huge humiliating defeat forever.
>
> Mondale was Carter's running mate in '80 and was top of the ticket in '84

I should also add that Carter's defeat was in reality not a "humiliating defeat" and that election was not exactly a rout for Carter but that is the most common and most often repeated perception of those events and unfortunately perceptions are more powerful than facts in US politics.

John Thornton