[lbo-talk] Voter fraud?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 26 09:06:25 PDT 2008

Dorene Cornwell wrote:

> FWIW, I too vacillate between two poles: on one hand, I suspect the Repugs
> are really, really, really happy to dump the mess they have made of the
> economy into the laps of the Dems, all the more so since they have looted
> the national treasury and ensured that a Dem president will have very little
> wiggle room for discretionary spending. On the other hand, I suspect that
> the Repugs will be pulling levers left, right and sideways, using every
> trick they can muster to deter voters from turning, challenge new

The media and core sections of big capital are moving solidly to the DP side. That makes stealing an election virtually out of the question.

Wall Street, at least the most powerful elements, are doing very well in deed. They did not, as DRR babbles, go hat in hand to Washington. Washington went hat in hand to JP Morgan, Citi, and a few others and said, Please tell us how we can help you to reshape u.s. banking to please you most.

Know your enemy. Don't think they are stupid or ignorant because their thinking does not contribute to what you think the goals should be. That is the fundamental error in Chuck Grimes's post this morning.

Carrol