[lbo-talk] Voter fraud?

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Sun Oct 26 14:30:23 PDT 2008

On Sun, October 26, 2008 9:06 am, Carrol Cox wrote:

> They did not, as DRR babbles, go hat in hand to Washington.

They most certainly did: Paulson famously went on one knee in front of the Congress for that $700 billion. Even ultra-marketeer King Sarko I is now singing the praises of the social market.

It's not going to end there. Even if things stabilize - and we're not there yet - there's still the problem of dealing with $6 trillion in Agency debt now under Federal supervision, a banking system to recapitalize, cities and states going bust, hedge funds to rescue, 10 million people losing their homes, and a godawful recession to weather. This isn't to have any illusions about Obama, but there are all the ingredients for several radical social movements to emerge right here in the US.

-- DRR