[lbo-talk] is this the fat lady singing?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 16:17:16 PDT 2008

I wish I could believe conservative David Frum, who pessimistically tells Republicans to gird up for an "angry," "left-wing" government that will have unprecedented power in a few weeks:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/23/AR2008102302081.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

The base is really frightened, as all the recent diatribes about one party rule and a nightmare, totalitarian communist state attest to.

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:

"[from Mike Allen] On his electoral map on Rove.com, Karl Rove turns Ohio blue. Rove, to Chris Wallace on 'Fox News Sunday': 'In order for McCain to win, he's got a very steep hill to climb. He's got to win all of the toss-up states ... Then he needs to strip away Ohio and Indiana ... And then he needs to either win Colorado and Virginia ... or win one of them plus Pennsylvania ... It's a steep uphill climb.'"