[lbo-talk] is this the fat lady singing?

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 26 20:53:38 PDT 2008

> The base is really frightened, as all the recent diatribes about one party rule and a nightmare, totalitarian communist state attest to.
>

> -B.

The base is really nuts.

I was listening to NPR the other day and there was a woman being interviewed who was worried that if Obama won "'they' would all think it's payback time". When asked what she meant she replied that "'You know, at one time the black man had to step off the sidewalk when a white person came down the sidewalk.". WFT? As much fun as it would be to have whitey clear a path for me when I go shopping I don't see that happening. This is a completely unrealistic fear. The best part of the interview was when the woman told the commentator (Michelle Norris) "Blacks are going to want payback. But I'm not talking about you or them." meaning the other Blacks in the interviewing room. The unseen "them" following "that one" are apparently going to shove white people off the sidewalk and steal their shit too. I'm hoping I can get my neighbours 72" plasma screen TeeVee but I'm not sure if Obama's generosity will extend to NDN's and other minorities or be confined to Blacks exclusively. I'll have to wait and see.

This woman started her interview with "I don't want to sound racist..." a sure sign something ignorant is about to spew forth. She stated up front she supported McCain. The base has spoken.

John Thornton