[lbo-talk] High voter turnout / 'real' VA questio

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue Oct 28 11:19:46 PDT 2008

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, Mike Ballard wrote:

> Back when I was eight, I used to munch on a Zero after getting a Ma's
> Old Fashioned Birch Beer from the cooler at Mr. Booth's Store in
> Harford, Penna (pop. 100).

Was that the birch beer that had no caramel coloring, so that it was clear like 7-Up although it tasted like root beer? Except less sticky cause no caramel. When I was a kid, I thought Old Fashioned Birch Beer was the one of the best thing about visiting Pennsylvania.

Michael Pollack

Gosh, I don't remember too clearly Ma's having too much colour, although, if my ancient memory serves it had a very light brown tinge. Could be that my mind's eye is crossed with Ma's Cream Soda. Great stuff though. I've never found Birch Beer anywhere else in any other time...sigh.

Another good thing about old Penna was the pizzas we'd get down in Carbondale at this little house, converted into an Italian haven of sorts by some grandmotherly woman...home made pizzas which would be cut with scissors, right in front of you. Haw, that was a treat.

Hi-ho, Mike B)

Get organised now for a society based on "an association, in which the free development of each is the condition for the free development of all." http://www.iww.org.au/

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail