[lbo-talk] High voter turnout / 'real' VA questions

Scott Stewart scotts at cfw.com
Tue Oct 28 11:04:18 PDT 2008

Sorry to hear about your recent trip to WaynesWorld. Next time you might try to make the Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival on the other side of Afton Mountain going toward C-ville = more to see. Actually parts of Waynesboro are doing well now that the new "power strip" by the interstate has brought in Starbucks and the big boxes. It is also becoming a bit of a bedroom community for C-ville since Albemarle County and C-ville prices are forcing people out. The Boss Hogs just took over the city council again, but with more outsiders coming in and insisting business be done in public (and not through the 10 PM traditional phone calls), there might be some changes coming. I was driving through the tree streets (Cherry, Poplar, Magnolia, etc - this is an old DuPont town with convenient dumping into the South River and the engineers would live in the tree street areas while they did their 1-2 year stints before going back up north) this morning feeling positive about all the Obama signs - very surprising in this "don't elect a murderer" area. As far as breakfast goes, next time stay away from the chains and try the Basic City diner by the railroad tracks or Weasie's Kitchen on Broad Street (your pancakes are free if you hike down from the AT at the top of the mountain). Scott Stewart

Message: 1