[lbo-talk] Speaking of female candidates...

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 19:56:51 PDT 2008

Ms. Palin's daughter's behavior is her *** parents' *** responsibility. She is a minor child.

Your criticism is almost entirely misplaced as far as I can see. I have not read a thing about the girl herself on political blogs. What I have seen is a very appropriate mocking of Palin and all Republicans for their appalling double-standard. All of a sudden THEY are champions of forebearance and privacy????

Ridiculous.

The Republicans are the ones who created the "welfare queen" meme, elevating themselves as saints. Look at David Brooks' ridiculous, fawning-to-the-point-of-sexual column on the Palin choice in the New York Times. Now they have the problems that by their lights only the people who lack "meritocracy" merit, "personal responsibility" and "family values" have.

If she didn't want to be judged then she shouldn't have joined the party of those who judge.

She's the one who dragged her own pregnant, teenage daughter into the spotlight - literally - draping the girl in a black dress and her own baby brother to conceal the pregnancy during her appearance for the announcement in Dayton. Why did she drag her child up on stage like that? Why did she use her son who serves in the Army as an applause line?

She's a corrupt, hypocritical opportunist and a pawn. Do you even know anything about the Alaska Republican party?