[lbo-talk] Betty Bowers on the Sarah Palin story

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 3 13:48:19 PDT 2008

Joseph Catron wrote:
> I don't know what the McGruder "Condoleezza Rice just needs a man" kick
>
>> was/is so I have no opinion of it.
>>
>> http://www.afterellen.com/archive/ellen/Print/boondocks.html

Since I knew McGruder drew the Boondocks strip I assumed the "Rice needs a man comment" was in the strip. It's a comic strip for fucks sake. What do I care what McGruder puts in his strip? The whole thing looks like a tempest in a teapot from 2003. I fail to see any connection between this strip and Palin's support for a public policy and how that policy effects her family and millions of other families. As was noted here earlier relative to Palin "What they decided is nobody's business but theirs; the fact that they were free to arrive at their own decision is everybody's business" and the fact that Palin seeks to deny others this right is also everybody's business. Pretty simple really.

John Thornton