[lbo-talk] Elephant memory ...

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 12:26:11 PDT 2008

--- On Thu, 9/4/08, Wojtek Sokolowski <swsokolowski at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [WS:] Not really, Americans will be Americans, whether left
> or right wing. They share the same distrust of the
> 'gummint - they differ only in what emodiments of the
> 'gummint they use in their rhetoric: the IRS and welfare
> agencies by the right, the army and the police by the left.

There have been attempts in the past on the part of Leftist groups to infiltrate the military. In many cases, this was done with the idea of sabotaging the war effort and/or the idea that should a "revolutionary" situation break out in the United States, we should try to win over a section of the military to our side.

I know of no such attempts to do the same among the police.

In either case, it was/would be an enormous waste of time to dedicate such energies nowadays.

It would be good if you would explain why you think it's a good idea. I'm not just blowing off your idea, because maybe you know of some purpose it would serve other than those I mentioned.

Thomas