[lbo-talk] Speaking of female candidates...

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Sep 4 14:22:45 PDT 2008

At 09:09 PM 9/3/2008, Carrol Cox wrote:

>shag wrote:
> >

> > if avoiding abortion were the problem, then they'd advocate contraception,
> > right? contraception that works.
>
>Neither abortion nor conception nor sexuality is the problem. CHANGE is
>the problem. EVerything else is derivative of that. This focus on their
>moralism (which is no worse than most of the moralism on this list)
>completely distorts political analysis.

you've said this before but i don't quite grasp how it can be an idea worth more than 2 1/2 shits. :)

i mean, so what? everything is changing, constantly. nothing is the same. there is something that makes them feel that change in one instance matters more than change in another.

for example: people believe that they are working more hours to own a home than their grandparents did.

why are they not up in arms about that? if they were opposed to change, then they should be trying to pass laws to roll back that change!

the speed limit on superhighways has changed a couple of times. what about that? huh huh huh?

my grandma used to have to defrost the fridge. now she doesn't. what happened to the good old days when we defrosted fridges! also! years ago, infants would be put on four hour feeding schedules. thing of the past. where is the social movement against that!

and dabnabbit, years ago, women used to work until their children started working, around 10 years old or so. then, they quit work, stayed home, while kids worked. where IS the social movement to put children back in the workforce dagnabbit!