[lbo-talk] Speaking of female candidates...

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Sep 3 15:44:24 PDT 2008

>> I don't think this point needs to be made _at the expense of_ her
>> daughter, but I think it's mildly amusing that the double-standard
>> she
>> holds in this case is directly opposed to the non-double-standard
>> position that Michael Dukakis stood up for and got skewered for.
>
> I'm trying to follow this and I don't quite see what about Palin is
> evidence of a double-standard or hypocrisy.

John and Shag made good comments, but I'll just say that what I was specifically thinking of is that Palin says basically "This is what your daughters *should* do, but oh well, mine is different" ... Dukakis said "Even if it was my wife being raped and murdered, the death penalty is wrong" ...

Sorry for being a little obtuse.

> I'm much more interested in Palin's "someone needs to
> tell me what the VP actually does" interview from July ...

Most recently the job description has been: fuck up the world and unhinge the system of checks and balances in favor of the Executive.

/jordan