[lbo-talk] Speaking of female candidates...

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 15:34:53 PDT 2008

No more so than the one-drop rule; both claim to determine culture according to biology. I'll note only that Todd Palin's mother, who the AP (http://dwb.adn.com/news/politics/story/8924080p-8824177c.html) has called "a quarter Yu'pik Eskimo," was Yu'pik enough for the Alaska Federation of Natives, which she served as secretary; he identifies himself with the culture; and that's good enough for me.