[lbo-talk] legal question

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 08:54:05 PDT 2008

Most telecoms have long term contracts for mobile services, and charge penalties for early termination (recently a CA court ruled those penalties illegal, but I am not sure if that ruling would apply to other states.)

My question is: if a telecom company changes the terms of a long term contract before its expiration in a way that affects the price (e.g. by reducing the "discout" rate it was giving when the contract was signed,) does this constitute grounds for early termination of that contract without paying early termination fees?

Wojtek