[lbo-talk] legal question

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Sep 5 11:53:46 PDT 2008

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> My question is: if a telecom company changes the terms of a long term
> contract before its expiration in a way that affects the price (e.g. by
> reducing the "discout" rate it was giving when the contract was signed,)
> does this constitute grounds for early termination of that contract
> without paying early termination fees?

If credit cards can change your interest rate from 10% to 30% on a mountain of debt you've already contracted -- and they can -- I can't imagine telecom companies can't do this. All it would require would be a footnote in the small type section saying that you accept that something like this might happen in the future. And I'll bet you a new phone it's in there.

Michael