[lbo-talk] Speaking of female candidates...

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Sep 5 10:27:48 PDT 2008

Eric writes:

> People who think she's hypocritical for having a teenage daughter
> who is pregnant and who intimate that she's white trash are
> disparaging her because of her "class."

I think these are two different issues, I'm not sure how you conflated them.

She's not hypocritical for having a teenage daughter who is pregnant; she's hypocritical because she has first hand evidence of why her stated position is Just Wrong and ultimately harmful, even if you're rich and have a supportive family (which most pregnant teenagers certainly aren't). What's unbelievable, and worthy of criticism, is that such an absurd ideology could be more important to someone than the health and welfare of her own child -- and of course, by extension, every other child who has that ideology forced upon them.

It isn't reactionary to point that out, and it's not an attack on her class either.

However, I do agree with your other examples.

/jordan