[lbo-talk] Speaking of female candidates...

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Sep 5 16:52:11 PDT 2008

At 03:04 PM 9/5/2008, rayrena wrote:

> > yeahbutt... catron is acting shocked that this happens,
> > and that it's happening in the mainstream media and at
> > demunder/kos. that's what i don't quite get. it's like
> > being shocked that the democrats are tools, blah blah, or
> > that obama is swinging rightward. yeah, so? how about them
> > mets?
>
>Nearly every conversation on this list does this. People
>think it's urgent to point out that the Republicans
>nominated a right-winger for VP. People think it's relevant
>to point out that pro-capitalist intellectuals think the
>commons was a tragedy. People think it's useful to point out
>that CEOs live in their own reality. All of these are
>evident, how-about-them-Mets points. Why have you chosen now
>to pschaw the rest of us mountain-builders?

because you like to pshaw at them for doing same. so i'm pshawing at you for getting pissy at what you ought to realize, at least according to your demands of everyone else, is ssdd.

i'm too lazy, but i could dredge up every one of your scolds at doug for getting in a twist over something you've relentlessly pointed out he shouldn't be in a twist about if he took his own ideology seriously.

every single day, people on this list engage in elitism. all of a sudden, you're in a huff over it? spare me. it's like catron in a huff over sexism. like he ever cared until recently, when it was a convenient subterfuge for having a huff over elitism.

enjoy your symptom as zizek says.

oh! and happy fucking friday.