[lbo-talk] Speaking of female candidates...

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 6 11:12:16 PDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 5:12 PM, shag <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:
> So, I conclude that this all boils down to what it usually is: your disgust
> for the libera/dem/pwog professional-managerial elite. Which is fine as it
> goes. Play your strengths, dewd, play your strengths.

Don't know about anyone else, but Palin's speech was much more entertaining to me than Barack's.

I finally watched Barack's speech because everyone was going wild over his oratory skills. But right off the bat, he started off with: "With profound gratitude and great humility..."

That's inane. The Dear Profound Leader describes even his own humbleness as "great"? (Actually, that was his second sentence. His very first one paid respect to a couple party bosses.)

The disturbing part about Palin's speech was her contempt for "community organizer." It was so nonsensical (like that's his only experience) that I assume it's some racist and/or authoritarian Republican codeword. And I wonder if CSPAN's camera operator got in hot water over showing her teleprompter for a couple seconds.

Though, I think both candidates (and their handlers) constructed their characters well. And I expect Biden can also build up a compelling character, with his razor 1000 megawatt smile. Maybe a lovable cad?

Tayssir