[lbo-talk] Thoughts on Palin and Sexism

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 18:03:57 PDT 2008

Chuck Grimes:

Also, now obvious to me, I've got to stop venting against the Right. It fucks up my head and a few martinis don't help either.

Well, the venting is understandable.

As I wrote a week or so back -- in a different thread -- unlike you, I don't know what it's like to endure decade after decade of this nonsense. I'm sure it frays the nerves. And the deterioration of life prospects (a deterioration that can be directly traced to policies designed and pushed through by these ghouls) must add to the dismay and anger.

Writer Bruce Sterling once remarked that the most disappointing thing about the American political scene was its stubborn insistence upon having the same arguments...forever. I can imagine living in a 'Logan's Run' style domed city as the sea levels rise, lounging in my sexy, end of world jammies, turning on the holo-vision to learn about the newest cat 7 storm pounding the ruins outside and watching some jackass going on about the perfidies of Gay marriage, the need for 'creation science' and the 'elites' who don't understand hard working, regular folk.

'Damn muthafuckas', I'd say 'can't we talk about our new problems!?' And then I'd pour myself a synth-martini in remembrance of C. Grimes.

.d.