[lbo-talk] Thoughts on Palin and Sexism

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 18:40:36 PDT 2008

On 9/7/08, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It shows lack of respect for life and beauty. Like taking a dump in a
> church or spitting on the Mona Lisa or making fun of cripples. It's the kind
> of thing a Philip Dick villain would do.

Y'think? I would tend to associate that kind of thing more with factory farming, which is the way most non-hunters, at least in the US, secure their proteins. Of course, I suppose it's ultimately an aesthetic question, which is to say, the kind it's pointless to argue about as if it were political. Some like Morbier, some like moose, I like both (but score a lot more of the former in the East Village), and none of it has a damn thing to do with jobs or the war.