[lbo-talk] Fwd: ABC News/Washington Post Poll: After the Conventions

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Sep 8 19:23:58 PDT 2008

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, an ABC News/Washington Post poll was quoted as saying:

> White women have moved from 50-42 percent in Obama's favor before the
> conventions to 53-41 percent for McCain now, a 20-point shift in the
> margin that's one of the single biggest post-convention changes in voter
> preferences.

That is just appalling. I hope that doesn't hold up.

Later on the poll write-up adds:

<quote>

McCain's campaign manager, Rick Davis, ignited debate last week by

saying that the election "is not about issues," but rather "a

composite view of what people take away from these candidates."

From the McCain campaign's perspective there's something there:

Among registered voters who care more about issues, Obama leads by

56-37 percent. But among those who put more weight on personal

qualities -- or who consider both equally -- McCain leads by almost

an identical margin.

<unquote>

Michael