[lbo-talk] Fwd: ABC News/Washington Post Poll: After the Conventions

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Mon Sep 8 21:27:53 PDT 2008

>On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, an ABC News/Washington Post poll was quoted as saying:
>
>>White women have moved from 50-42 percent in Obama's favor before
>>the conventions to 53-41 percent for McCain now, a 20-point shift
>>in the margin that's one of the single biggest post-convention
>>changes in voter preferences.
>
>That is just appalling. I hope that doesn't hold up.

Maybe this will unappall you a little:

<http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/08/campaign.wrap/?iref=newssearch>

"Holland also pointed out that despite a concerted outreach by the McCain-Palin team to former women supporters of Hillary Clinton's presidential bid, women nationwide seem to be sticking with Obama -- 52 percent of women are planning to vote Democratic, while 45 percent are backing McCain. The poll indicates that 51 percent of men are in the GOP column, with 44 percent supporting Obama."