[lbo-talk] Fwd: ABC News/Washington Post Poll: After the Conventions

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 04:35:58 PDT 2008

--- On Mon, 9/8/08, Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> wrote:

> > White women have moved from 50-42 percent in
> Obama's favor before the
> > conventions to 53-41 percent for McCain now, a
> 20-point shift in the
> > margin that's one of the single biggest
> post-convention changes in voter
> > preferences.
>
> That is just appalling. I hope that doesn't hold up.

[WS:] Appalling? - yes; surprising? - hardly. I said that it would happen, but few on this list bought my argument.

To reiterate - Repugs do not need a huge support, just enough middle Amerikkka identity politics trolls, rednecks and suburban fatheads to get 50% +1 vote, and Palin's selection speaks right to that segment of the population. It is the combination of the Amerikkkan anti-intellectualism cum small-town bigotry and the outdated winner takes all electoral system that gets right wing populist trolls elected time an again. Chances are it will happen again in November 2008.

Wojtek