[lbo-talk] Thoughts on Palin and Sexism

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 19:50:48 PDT 2008

Now see, probably AK is not the only state where half the lege has frozen carcas of wild beast stocked in the freezer for the winter. Is it the main protein source? Nah, but probably a substantial contribution.

Someone from one of those states where they shoot squirrels or lizards want to weigh in? What about birds?

I can think of a couple wingnuts I know who might hunt wolves from a helicopter, but I can think of quite a few more who froth at the mouth about how wolf re-introduction is unnecessary.

But for me the whole resonance of the wolf-hunting, gun-toting NRA member image plays out in a funny way against Obama's comments awhile ago about people who cling to their God and guns.

Around here, in the wilds of urban Seattle, the problem is not really hunters, though we can find a couple stupid specimens of those. The bigger problem is a bunch of 14-year-olds in the 'hood (I LIVE there so I can call it that) who think it's really ducky to shoot at each other for not much reason that makes sense to anyone else.

See the lesson I got from growing up around a lot of people who hunt is respect and I halfway think we should be having mandatory gun safety along with the sex ed in junior HS.

And I am not just posting that to see how many people all across the spectrum I can cause to have conniptions.....

DC Seattle WA