[lbo-talk] The problem with narrative...

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Sep 10 20:50:27 PDT 2008

I have been mulling over the disappearance or demotion of narrative in the various arts: literature, theater, visual arts, dance, etc.... (True too in history, social science, etc.)

I know this is a huge topic, but if anyone out there could point me to some clear, cogent writing on the matter, I'd be grateful.

I'm guessing this demotion coincides with the rise of modernism, but I'm missing the details and the full context.

Thanks,

Joanna