[lbo-talk] Michael Hardt, superstar

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 09:33:57 PDT 2008

--- On Wed, 9/10/08, wrobert at uci.edu <wrobert at uci.edu> wrote:

I thought he was a bit to
> glib, kinda
> lazy on his Marx, and a little too dependent on saying the
> right
> phrases to win over the crowd, rather than offering
> concepts.

I have heard from friends in London that they closed their eyes during Hardt's debate with Callinicos a few years back. He did really poorly. Such stories have led me to wonder if he isn't just a scribe for Negri. However, what I think is that some people are really good, clear writers (Hardt is) and very poor speakers/debaters. I think Hardt must be the latter.

-Thomas

-Thomas