[lbo-talk] Thoughts on Palin and Sexism

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Sep 11 09:46:17 PDT 2008

>>> Dennis Claxton

In 2001, the Enquirer uncovered that the Rev. Jesse Jackson had an illegitimate child. Salacious details of the Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky affair were first made public by the Enquirer. The Enquirer was regarded by some as having the best media coverage of the O.J. Simpson murder trial. For example, when a distinctive footprint from a Bruno Magli shoe was found at the crime scene, Simpson vehemently denied owning such a shoe. The Enquirer, however, published a photo by a freelance photographer showing Simpson in the shoes, then dug up another one again showing him in such a pair.[9]

In 2006, the Enquirer was the first newspaper to reveal that O. J. Simpson had written a book, If I Did It. The story was immediately denied by Simpson's lawyer, but was confirmed by release of the book one month later.[15]

^^^^^ CB: I don't really consider much of that _news_, Sounds like a bunch of Peeping Toms.

^^^^^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Enquirer#Noted_stories_and_lawsuits