[lbo-talk] authentic working class

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Thu Sep 11 09:55:17 PDT 2008

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:23:42 +0100, "James Heartfield" <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> What is the horrible thing that will happen if you look down your noses
at
> Alaskan moose hunters, and red-necked mid-westerners? Only that they will

> vote McCain in, and you will be stuck with Sarah Palin's politics.

If we don't look down at Alaskan moose hunters, that will change the way they vote?

Now, as I understand the State to be nothing more than an extension of economic power, I am more interested in how Alaskan moose hunters produce than how they vote, but even assuming it makes a difference how they vote, do you think that getting respect from "lefties" will change their vote?

Do they even know whether we look down our nose as them or not? How would they know?

-- Dmytri Kleiner editing text files since 1981

http://www.telekommunisten.net