[lbo-talk] authentic working class

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 18:42:17 PDT 2008

James Heartfield wrote:

> Doug says that people hate Palin's politics, but

> that is not the tenor of what I am reading in the

> press. It reads to me like they hate her vulgarity

> and lack of class.

That's because all the press talk about is her vulgarity and lack of class. This is exactly the way her campaign wants it, because they'd a thousand times rather put on a performance of the Jerry Springer Show than say a word about Iraq, jobs, taxes, birth control, the Supreme Court Social Security or any of the other things that presidents actually do have any influence over. They don't want to talk about any policies, because the majority of voters hate most Republican policies, so they _lead_ with Scandal!! Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter!!!1! Remember that it was Palin herself who put that fact out there on the stage, very first thing in the campaign.

Aw Hell, let me wade right in to Springer Land! I totally, absolutely dig Bristol Palin. I love her because she really knows how to say "Fuck you, Mom!" She is truly the Stiv Bators of politicians's daughters. I can just imagine the kind of coal black hateful things she's said in the back seat of Levi Whatsiname's Z-28, about the vomitous fundie churches that since infancy her horrible hockey-Mom's compelled her to attend.

Hate is life, Bristol! Live, live!

yrs wdk