[lbo-talk] Obama and us

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Sep 11 12:34:17 PDT 2008

aren't you just seeing the typical bounce? and if not, after a long-term trend line that points at the opposite? what do you think accounts for it? i finally paid attention to some news, and to me it seems like the ssdd: the republican spin machine has cut loose, flinging poo like red assed monkeys at the zoo. as long as it sticks, it'll work.

and then they take advantage of obama's less than stellar performance, showing him looking as boyish and youthful as possible.

i did think the fred barnes piece linked to underneath the graph was interesting and wondering if it's true. according to the piece, Mark Penn claimed that 25% of Republican women would cross party lines to vote for Hillary. If that was even half true, then boy-o, did the obama campaign make a bone-headed mistake.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/545moqlh.asp