[lbo-talk] Obama and us

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Sep 11 13:07:56 PDT 2008

>>> shag

aren't you just seeing the typical bounce? and if not, after a long-term trend line that points at the opposite? what do you think accounts for it? i finally paid attention to some news, and to me it seems like the ssdd: the republican spin machine has cut loose, flinging poo like red assed

monkeys at the zoo. as long as it sticks, it'll work.

^^^^^ CB: Could we get this line into a tv ad ?

^^^

and then they take advantage of obama's less than stellar performance,

showing him looking as boyish and youthful as possible.

^^^^ CB: I wonder why Palin looking girlish and youthful helps rather than hurts them , whereas O looking boyish and youthful hurts him.

^^^

i did think the fred barnes piece linked to underneath the graph was interesting and wondering if it's true. according to the piece, Mark Penn claimed that 25% of Republican women would cross party lines to vote for Hillary. If that was even half true, then boy-o, did the obama campaign

make a bone-headed mistake.

^^^^^ CB: That's what me and my brother have been saying. Shoulda picked Clinton for VP, though hindsight is 20/20 and , it would have been hard to anticipate Palin and the effect she seems to have.