[lbo-talk] Bernard-Henri Levy

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 11 14:25:37 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> He's a ludicrous character. I interviewed him a few years ago about his
> search for Danny Pearl, mainly for the kick of interviewing him.

His Pearl book is an absolutely characteristic example of his fanciful 'journalism', underwritten by quack theories drawn from Indian intelligence and a caricaturistic depiction of Pakistan. It was also published some exquisite illustrations that must have pleased Mariane Pearl immensely. In fact, I think she described BHL as a man whose ego destroys his intelligence. As indeed it would: the intelligence is horribly outmatched.