[lbo-talk] authentically working class

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 11 18:40:13 PDT 2008

>shag:
>
>>i was wondering what kind of data we have on political opinions
>>among people living in sta vs suburbia vs urban areas - with
>>breakdowns among them as to income, race. it seems to me that the
>>most repulsive views i encounters are among
>>surburbanites/exurbanites. they're the ones who spout off the FAUX
>>snooze talking points with a vengeance.

This goes for California. When I say things are fucked up in small town America I'm referring to quality of life, not necessarily repulsive political views, though there's no shortage of those in sta.

I'm responding to this from what Doug posted yesterday:

>"We grow good people in our small towns, with honesty and sincerity
>and dignity," (Palin) said, drawing from a once-powerful, now
>forgotten mid-century conservative columnist named Westbrook Pegler.

Like Doug said, fuck this bullshit.

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20080908/014697.html