[lbo-talk] authentically working class

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Fri Sep 12 00:58:57 PDT 2008

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:20:51 -0400, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> I said subsidize, not build. Taxes from states like New York fund
> projects in states like Arizona and Alaska, and not the other way
> around.

Do you really believe public capital works are limited by tax revenue? Is there really a fixed absolute amount of money? Are schools and roads expenditures or revenue (especially rent) creating investments?

This thread is getting more and more odd, apparently moose hunters vote according to how us obscure members of the left think about them, while since we are mostly urbanite tax payers, we are busy "subsidizing" rural capital works.

Has this become the daily mail letters to the editor?

-- Dmytri Kleiner editing text files since 1981

http://www.telekommunisten.net